We are pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between NUSTIAN (NUST United States Technology, Industry and Academic Network (NUSTIAN) and NUST (National University of Science and Technology Pakistan).
This is a significant step for all the alumni and members of NUSTIAN in the USA as both parties agreed to set out their shared principles and vision, and also established their respective roles, and responsibilities. Both parties agreed that through collaboration, they aspire to raise the international profile of NUST, and strengthen NUSTIAN’s role in the life of the NUST community.
The salient directives of this MoU are:
- University Advancement Office (UAO) will maintain an effective line of communication with NUSTIAN and will act as the primary focal point for communication.
- The office will be the primary liaison and point of contact between NUSTIAN and NUST Administration (academic as well as non-academic activities).
- UAO will facilitate creating visibility for NUSTIAN among NUST alumni.
- Both parties i.e. NUST & NUSTIAN will coordinate with each other for any fundraising in the USA to ensure that there are no duplicate or parallel fundraising efforts taking place simultaneously.
- NUST agrees that funds raised through NUSTIAN can only be disbursed for student and alumni advancement activities.
We are enthusiastic that this partnership will strengthen and advance the interests and activities of NUST and NUSTIAN members. We will continue to use coordinated efforts to support brilliant students, promote and share excellence, and facilitate uplifting trends in research, education, and industry.